Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
Shouting Hey Bro. Zsebehazy! Shouting Here's a story I think ye'll appreciate...
..your being the one that originally Broke The Watch related news on the star of the tale an' all.

OK, first a bit of a setup.

Had a 'Do-Or-Die "Gotta Have It Out The Door Next Week" Crisis' at work last week. Our boss signed us up to produce a new Surgical Instrument, from scratch, to be In Stock by April 20. And this is not some monolithic widget like, say, a hammer. (Yes, we make Surgical Hammers!) Rather, it's a pretty complex Assembly with multiple components. Think solid-SS vise grips that also double as a measuring instrument, and you got the gist. So that date's a stretch. Major stretch! I put in 56 hours M-F last week, and 'twas looking like I'd have to work today also, but things started falling into place on Friday, so I've got the day off after all. And I need it! Ain't the young buck I used to be, and I am foot-sore and shagged. Blushing Ah weel. Bright side is, that much OT will easily fund a new watch. Laughing

Another bright spot, I've always liked the Head Design Engineer over the project of which this gizmo is part, but don't often see him, as he works in another facility, across town. He is, if not a WIS in the conventional sense of the term, still a man who Appreciates Fine Watches. He owns a Tag-Hur quartz diver and (of all things!) an Epos auto chrono:

His beater everyday/workaday watch is an Eco-Drive perpetual calendar.

Anyway! To get to The Meat of the tale, at last - When we met up at yon milling machine, he commented favorably on the Tellaro, and sure I told him all about it. When he heard the price, he offered me Five Bill$ for it Huh? on the spot. Rolling on the floor

I seriously considered it.. That would represent nearly a 20% profit, and since the Timepiece.com sale is still on, I could have easily replaced it. But, my luck, if'n I'd gone that route, the second 63C121 would turn out to Crying be a lemon, whereas this one seems perfect in every way. So I thanked him for his generous offer, and passed.

And, yes, he was Perfectly Serious. Later that afternoon I emailed him the link to the Timepiece.com sale, and he responded almost immediately, saying that he had ordered one. Laughing

One of those rare IRL WIS Moments that can Make Your Day. Smile

Sláinte! Cheers!

-Ricky

"A watch should be worth looking at even when you already know the time" - vintage Omega ad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 03:56AM by Caveman.
Subject Author Views Posted
Shouting Hey Bro. Zsebehazy! Shouting Here's a story I think ye'll appreciate... Jpeg Attachments Caveman 180 April 08, 2017 06:07AM
I would say if he's not a full-blown WIS, he's certainly a proto-WIS. And 20% isn't worth it. Zeb 97 April 08, 2017 07:08AM
Re: That Tellaro is an great watch, and a bargain at the price. URL Caveman 83 April 08, 2017 10:59AM
I can't spend that much money at this point. Sad Gotta pay my medical bills. Crying (n/t) Zeb 85 April 08, 2017 11:10AM
Really? Confused You're living precariously close to The Edge if... URL Caveman 86 April 08, 2017 11:45AM
Worry not. Smile I'm financially solid. I got that way by not spending money I don't have Zeb 96 April 08, 2017 11:55AM
I stand Corrected. Blushing Caveman 76 April 08, 2017 11:59AM
Right. The Epos removes any doubt about that! Jpeg Attachments Caveman 111 April 08, 2017 10:29AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!