Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
End of the year watch Contest!
November 23, 2017 07:52PM
As a Thank you! to all the members I am holding a little contest/watch giveaway. This contest is open to all forum members with at least one post, anywhere in the world (admins included, this is my contest and not a WFWF contest because I am thankful to the other admins too).

What exciting watch am I giving away, you might ask? A very unique Swiss handwinder from the '70s, a Buler Grand Prix with a Noryl (Fiber Glass) case. Still has the original plastic watch strap (fits my 7 1/2" wrist with two spare holes). This watch is light enough to almost disappear on your wrist. Dial is reminiscent of some of the early Porsche Orfinas.

I bought this watch a while ago expressly because I wanted to give it away here on the forum. Winner will receive this beauty, postage paid. Contest will run until December 7th, so that the watch will have plenty of time to arrive at it's new owners abode before Christmas.

How do you enter? Simple, post a response in this thread saying that you want to enter AND post a picture of a watch that you think is as funky as this one. That is worth one (1) entry. If the watch you post is one that you either own now, or owned in the past, you will receive another entry (so that's two (2) total (honor system Smile ). I will randomly pick a winner, so you don't have to "prove" to me that the watch is funky, it's your opinion!

To make it fun, you can't post the same make/model/dial color someone else has already posted or you won't get an entry!

To give you an idea of what I mean I'll include this funky Czech Prim Sport (also from the '70s) that I used to own.

GOOD LUCK!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2017 08:01PM by BobbyMikeRedux.
Subject Author Views Posted
End of the year watch Contest! Jpeg Attachments BobbyMikeRedux 196 November 23, 2017 07:52PM
We have a winner! Jpeg Attachments BobbyMikeRedux 14 December 07, 2017 05:21PM
Here's my funkiest Jpeg Attachments JP 22 November 27, 2017 08:54AM
Zappy agrees with the assessment and will await the finished project with bated breath Thumbs Up Jpeg Attachments BobbyMikeRedux 22 November 27, 2017 09:58AM
Thank you! Cheers! Thumbs Up Smile I have this funky 70s Orient with a faceted crystal Jpeg Attachments Zeb 27 November 24, 2017 03:28PM
Thats a cool Orient Thumbs Up (n/t) JP 11 November 27, 2017 08:47AM
Funky facets for the win! (n/t) BobbyMikeRedux 19 November 24, 2017 03:35PM
Nice! I love a little funk. Jpeg Attachments jinxed 28 November 24, 2017 09:53AM
Brad, good to hear from you! Great story for a interesting watch (looks like watch that would have been worn by a character from the first Star Wars film!) (n/t) BobbyMikeRedux 16 November 24, 2017 03:34PM
Re: End of the year watch Contest! Jpeg Attachments Dbyers 22 November 24, 2017 08:51AM
Thanks for the contest. Thumbs Up Jpeg Attachments Dbyers 24 November 24, 2017 08:49AM
Time(x) to get funky! (n/t) BobbyMikeRedux 14 November 24, 2017 03:32PM
Cool! Thanks! Here is one. Jpeg Attachments jhargrave 22 November 23, 2017 11:27PM
Definitely brings the funk to the party! (n/t) BobbyMikeRedux 14 November 24, 2017 03:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!