Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
I have done it with a Zulu strap.
I pretty much just cut the backing-strap part off with a scissors as close to the seam as I could go and used a butane lighter to melt the ends. You are correct that cutting without melting the edges will cause it to unravel. There is no other neat way to handle that.

But if you do as I suspect you intend to do and that is wear the buckle on the bottom of your wrist in the conventional way, then you will continue to have that irritation. NATO and Zulu straps are cut specifically to be worn with the buckle hardware on the back-side edge of the wrist. If you wear it like that the cut and sealed edge should be off of the sensitive skin underneath.

I never trim the length, folding the strap back doesn't bother me when worn as designed. Here is the 5-ring Zulu I turned into a 3-ring type by cutting off the extra strap. It was way too bulky before.

And this is an actual 3-ring Zulu I have had on this watch for more than a decade. Many people who buy these insist on wearing it so that the buckle hardware aligns under the wrist. I have always used it the correct way with the hardware near the watch so it is aligned with the back of the wrist. And I slip the extra strap through the rings in the same way your cinch a motorcycle helmet strap. Works easier.

But NATO straps with their thinner fabric weave I do the full fold-back.

BF Hammer - the new and improved screen name of Chris L
Subject Author Views Posted
How to trim the extra segment from NATOs so it doesn't itch Smaug 107 April 16, 2018 08:29AM
Or how about ....... Jpeg Attachments Robmks 85 April 16, 2018 01:42PM
I have done it with a Zulu strap. Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 79 April 16, 2018 09:35AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!