Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
WOW! I was very busy last Sunday morning!! Eek!
March 14, 2019 01:48PM

I got up "early" last Sunday morning, which is to say that I did not "sleep in" like I often do, but instead got up at my normal 4:30AM, like I do to go to work on every weekday. Sad

I wasn't going to work, but there was a Seiko "bullhead" homage watch on auction that I was interested in, and I knew it ended early Sunday morning, but with the "jump ahead" Spring Daylight Savings time starting that morning, I wasn't sure when it was going to end! Smile

I sat down in front of the computer with a fresh, hot cup of coffee, but it turned out I had a couple hours to wait. So I did a few searches on Yahoo! Japan's auction site, and found a few other watches for sale that were also ending this morning. Huh?

2006 Citizen PMX56-2812 AirDivers Ti

I had not checked for interesting Citizen's in a long while, so I started with some searches for that brand.

One of my all-time favorite watches, and one of my first purchases back in 2005 is the Citizen Air Diver 200m PMX56-2811, with the Duratect Titanium case, super-legible dial and adjustable bracelet. I always assumed I would also get Blue and red version, the PMX56-2812, but when they were discontinued, they were impossible to find.

But when searching for interesting Citizen watches, I stumbled on one that was ending this morning! The bracelet is said to be short at 16.5cm but I am hoping I can use links out of my PMX56-2811 or find some online.

Wow, I am so thrilled to finally have one of these, and it was under two hundred bucks!!

1969 Seiko Sportsman Calendar

I also stumbled across this nice Seiko Sportsman 6206 ending this morning! Cheers!

A legitimate deal all by itself, for US$360, but an even better deal as it comes with unique Alpinist style hands that were only on this one year model! Cool

Not a bad deal. Not the cheapest watch of the day, but it is in great condition, and I could not pass up those hands! Tongue out

2006 Seiko Brightz SAGZ017 Solar Radio

As I was waiting, I saw this very nice Brightz Solar model for sale, and although there had been 50 bids, it was still under US&200. Thumbs Up

I put in one bid, for about US$280 but ended up winning it for US$240. Applause

Quite stylish, and it comes with the "full kit". I think it was a good bargain! Wink

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Nice long bracelet, "set it and forget it", fairly formal with the black date wheel, maybe this will become one of my favorite "dress" watches. Rolling on the floor

2005 Seiko SCVF003 4S15 Titanium Diver

Woohoo! I have wanted the Seiko SCVF 4S15 divers for a long time! Those Alpinist style hands and dial, with the big boldly numbered timer bezel, along with the excellent 4S15 movement and all Titanium build.

But they are extremely hard to find and so expensive!! Crying

But this morning I found this creamy SCVF003 for sale, ending in just a couple of hours, with very few bids.

At the last minute, I fought a worthy battle against another bidder, but even so I ended up paying just over US$500, when these often go for US$800 and higher!! Eek!

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Again, a nice long bracelet, this is such a classic, in my opinion! Envy

2012 Seiko SCEB013 Bullhead Chrono 7T92-0NP0

Okay, here is the watch I got up to buy. I want it to match the 2013 Seiko SCEB009 Bullhead Chrono 7T92-0NP0 I picked up two weeks ago.

Sure the all-black with blue colorway is a bit "special" Cool, but I put in a bid for US$250 and won with no competition! Cheers!

Hmm, now I own two quartz "bullhead" homage chronographs! Crazy Not something I would have anticipated, but here I am! Rolling on the floor

2006 Seiko SBFV009 7B22-0AX0 Solar

This is an odd 7B22 solar-powered watch, in that I find VERY little discussion or posted images about it online.

I have always thought it has a great dial design, very simple and legible. I bought one a couple of years ago, but I am having trouble with the bracelet pins being rusted into the case.

So, while I was waiting for the auction on the bullhead chrono to end, I went for the opening US$98 bid, and won unopposed! Eek! Good deal!

1960s Seiko Sportsman 17j 14091

My last acquisition of the morning, and really my favorite watch out of whole group!! Watch Honeymoon Woohoo!

The thumbnail looked interesting, as if this watch was a very clean 1960's Sportsman, but when I looked more closely, it has a dial I have NEVER seen before and I really like it!! Applause

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Just look at the starburst texture, those strikingly handsome triangles at the hours, with those neatly lettered numerals at 12, 3, 6 and 9! Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up Wow, I am totally in love with this one! Envy

Okay, that was what I was doing last Sunday morning! :-\

And I haven't even started opening the last few few of my "Boxes from Buyee" yet!! Angry

Still, I hope you liked the pictures...

- Thomas "Motowatch"

Subject Author Views Posted
WOW! I was very busy last Sunday morning!! Eek! Image Attachments Thomas 91 March 14, 2019 01:48PM
Yikes, that's a whole collection in a day. Well done. Cheers! (n/t) Robmks 45 March 14, 2019 03:29PM
Wow. I'm feeling dizzy now just looking at all that Thomas. Laughing BF Hammer 50 March 14, 2019 02:35PM
Ha-ha, sorry for the dizziness, but I am so glad to come home! Cool Thomas 49 March 14, 2019 03:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!