Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
Off Topic Getting closer to a fine polish for my astro-photos.
I really just took 3 different compositions for a night's work on Wednesday. I just took around 30-40 individual photos for each composition plus test exposures. Really the first composition with me sitting on the chair was just me killing time as I waited for the twilight to subside and the clouds to clear out more.

The big change between this photo session and the ruined one from 6-30-2019 was that I purchased a 20mm f/1.4 lens that suits my full-frame Nikon D750 better. And I was very careful to double-check focus. I believe I have good options selected in Sequitur for getting the stack of images to bring out the stars. Now I am just trying to refine the lake in the foreground part of the images and get a better blend between them. Sequitur really wants to put a very yellow glow on the horizon that looks more white on an individual photo that I use to overlay the foreground.

BF Hammer - the new and improved screen name of Chris L
Subject Author Views Posted
Off Topic Getting closer to a fine polish for my astro-photos. Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 151 July 27, 2019 11:42AM
Thanks, but I am not quite ready to say these are the final form of the photos. BF Hammer 91 July 28, 2019 08:53AM
OK, I am dropping the mic. Pics as of now. Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 95 July 28, 2019 12:32PM
Those are awesome photos Chris. Your patience and persistence has definitely paid off. Well done Thumbs Up (n/t) RussMurray 85 July 28, 2019 08:30AM
Stunning. Applause (n/t) JohnSNY 79 July 27, 2019 06:08PM
Very good shots, Chris! Looks great! (n/t) jhargrave 83 July 27, 2019 05:00PM
Excellent shots. What a nice location and compositions. Applause (n/t) Robmks 85 July 27, 2019 03:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!