Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
Off Topic An AT&T promo film that blows my mind.
avatar December 08, 2019 10:45AM
I had heard of it, but I find it incredible to see this and realize that there actually were teenagers that may have had to hand-crank their phone and ask the live operator to connect the call so they can make plans to go see Jaws or Star Wars at the local cinema. Just in isolated parts of rural America, but the Hooterville phone system from Green Acres appears to be accurate. Actually my brothers and I would joke with each other about our Hooterville phone company with the party-line service we had at home. But at least the dial service worked. LaughingLaughing

BF Hammer - the new and improved screen name of Chris L
Subject Author Views Posted
Off Topic An AT&T promo film that blows my mind. Video Attachments BF Hammer 84 December 08, 2019 10:45AM
When I was in college in the early '80s, we had a party line too. jhargrave 58 December 08, 2019 01:14PM
I think for years we were the last household with party-line service. BF Hammer 63 December 08, 2019 05:53PM
We fortunately had a regular private phone when I was a kid. Standard black table model Jpeg Attachments Zeb 63 December 08, 2019 03:39PM
Now that's a phone Thumbs Up (n/t) MarkKershaw 41 December 12, 2019 09:15AM
Laughing Awww, if she didn't find that funny, she was just too high-maintenance. Wink (n/t) BF Hammer 57 December 08, 2019 05:47PM
Heck, I've still got a couple of those around here somewhere. Not connected though. (n/t) jhargrave 59 December 08, 2019 04:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates