Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
Is Happy Day! There is a reason I waited for nighttime to share this one.
avatar February 01, 2020 07:46PM
Bertucci DX3 field watch arrived from Drop.com this afternoon. I'll just cut to the climax for the ADD types. Smile

Fully luminous watch. Laughing

I have been noticing this brand out there for nearly 2 years now. Mostly resin cased field style watches. There are H3 lumed styles, conventional lume styles. But a dizzying array of color options. Then I stumbled on this one that had a lumed case on Drop, and for a low enough price that I could consider it at least worthy as a night's entertainment. Laughing

But pulling it out of the shipment box, Bertucci was already beginning to wow me. So much that I repacked the watch so I could share here. Smile

The presentation box. Many are scratching their head here, but I have actually purchased 2 genuine Marathon military field watches in the past. They are packed into a similar brown box, with just a plain-generic label. Bertucci is paying homage to that even.

Well, real field watches don't come on the fancy retail display stand. Whistle

Now let's explore the watch.

Yes the strap is 22mm wide. The weave of the nylon is tight, and is pretty thick and maybe a tad too stiff. The embroidery on the end is a great touch, and serves as a stop to prevent the watch from sliding off. No spring bars, it's all solid resin to thread a 1 piece strap through. At least there is enough gap to handle a thicker nylon. But the strap bars are obviously the weak point of the watch. It is a stainless back and could be laser etched. I have not tried removing the protective film, I have more reason to leave that on with it using a nylon 1-piece strap.

Watch case is about 40mm, and just wears like it is a bit bigger. It is supposed to be a mineral glass crystal, and I don't have a reason to not believe it. The dial print is green. The lume? Not overly bright or long-lasting. My Laco is still king of my full-lume watches. Smile

So there is a "just pulled this out of a box of Coco-Puffs" look to having a lumed resin case. But those glow-in-the-dark prizes were always my favorite!

BF Hammer - the new and improved screen name of Chris L
Subject Author Views Posted
Is Happy Day! There is a reason I waited for nighttime to share this one. Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 136 February 01, 2020 07:46PM
Very cool. Cool (n/t) JohnSNY 24 February 06, 2020 01:45PM
That is very unique to say the least. If I may, can I suggest an accessory? Jpeg Attachments RussMurray 40 February 02, 2020 09:41AM
Naww, I want the real McCoy... Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 34 February 02, 2020 10:40AM
Very nice, Chris! (n/t) jhargrave 29 February 02, 2020 08:32AM
Congrats, Chris. Thumbs Up It's a good looking watch, but given I do not like NATOs and other straps like them, I wouldn't get one. I've also... Mike D 32 February 02, 2020 07:37AM
I had resisted until...lume dial in lume case. It was made for me!! Laughing (n/t) BF Hammer 31 February 02, 2020 10:36AM
Does that mean you are a member of the Illuminati? Enjoy. Cheers! (n/t) Robmks 28 February 02, 2020 07:21AM
Wrong recognition code Bob. Wink (n/t) BF Hammer 29 February 02, 2020 10:33AM
Very cool Thumbs Up (n/t) MarkKershaw 32 February 02, 2020 06:04AM
Congrats Chris, with the new "toy"! Wink I guess it's not WR and quartz? James T. Kirk© 30 February 02, 2020 05:27AM
50m WR, and the specs say "Japan quartz" also "Swiss Super Luminous". (n/t) BF Hammer 25 February 02, 2020 10:32AM
At least you can take it in the shower. Laughing (n/t) James T. Kirk© 29 February 02, 2020 12:26PM
Cheers! Thanks for the glowing review of your new watch, Chris. Wink I like the look of the case in light Zeb 32 February 01, 2020 08:53PM
Happy to illuminate you Dan. Laughing BF Hammer 33 February 01, 2020 09:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates