Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
Milky Way over Montauk
February 02, 2016 01:37PM
I've always wanted to try this but never had the chance. I thought I would give it a go while out at Montauk Laughing I took 3 rows of photos, 10 images in each. Turned out I way overlapped on the middle row so I only used bottom and top rows for this pano. Lightroom couldn't stitch it so I used Photoshop. The pano looked like a very bad fisheye photo Crying After struggling with the adaptive wide angle filter I managed to get the horizon straight and the left and right sides more or less vertical. I finished it off in LR. It's nowhere near perfect but I and very happy with my first milky way pano Smile I'm very eager to go back when it's a better time to shoot the milky way. I'm now itching for a multi row pano head Laughing BTW I think the light pollution along the horizon is from Block Island. I don't mind it so much. It sorta adds some color to the pano Smile Thanks for looking!

5D MK III
16-35mm f/2.8 L II at 16mm
f/2.8
20 sec
ISO 3200

Regards,
Chris
Christopher Moy Photography
Subject Author Views Posted
Milky Way over Montauk Jpeg Attachments Cmoy 1157 February 02, 2016 01:37PM
Very interesting! Thumbs UpSmile (n/t) IF 933 March 07, 2016 08:26AM
Thanks IF! Smile (n/t) Cmoy 894 March 10, 2016 11:28AM
I agree, the light polution only adds to the interest of this image. Thumbs Up BF Hammer 1058 February 05, 2016 06:33PM
Thanks Chris! I wonder about the long exposures and stitch as well but they seemed to stitch up fine... Cmoy 1024 February 10, 2016 06:58AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!