Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
Is Happy Day! New Fisheye lense Laughing
I was hoping it would be the tilt/shift lense as the mailman rang, but it was the second lense I ordered Laughing A Zenith 16mm f/2.8 lense Laughing
I already have a Rokinon (same as Samyang) 8 mm f/3.5 fisheye for APS-C. The Rokinon is an excellent lense, but it always bothered me using it on the full frame Nikon D610. Before using it I'd have to change the image size to DX (APS-C) through the menue and the view finder would also show a tiny view.
The other day I discovered these Zeniths and since they cost even a little less than the Rokinon, I figured I'd just replace the Rokinon by the Zenith (and sell the Rokinon). Today the Zenith arrived and it was a positive surprise: I had expected a manual control lense only, but thanks to the age old Nikon-F system the aperture priority mode (time automatic) works too! (like for the Rokinon) Both lenses are manual focus, but that's no problem, because at f/8 anyting further away from the lense than about 1 m is in focus anyway Laughing The field of view of the Rokinon appears to be a tad wider, but hardly noticeable. Like the Rokinon, wide open it's hardly usable, because the corners are very unsharp. However, stopped down to f/8 the image is very crisp.
Below is a picture at f/8 with the Zenith and the Rokinon (Q&D shots). Not a lense I use very often, but I do enjoy using fisheyes Smile

Subject Author Views Posted
Is Happy Day! New Fisheye lense Laughing Jpeg Attachments Micha 916 May 13, 2016 05:17AM
SmileThumbs Up (n/t) IF 763 May 21, 2016 10:11PM
Very Cool Thumbs Up Congrats Micha! Smile (n/t) Cmoy 838 May 13, 2016 08:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!