Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
The great eclipse of August 21st, 2017: Who has begun preparation?
If you didn't know about it, start planning!

[www.eclipse2017.org]

So I have an outline of a plan going. I am hoping to drive the weekend before in position near the Nebraska/Missouri state line, then adjust my final viewing location depending on the weather forecast that morning. I have multiple cameras to bring, and that would include one for a time-lapse series to make a movie with, one on tripod aimed at the sun with a solar filter, one on my neck for general photos, and perhaps my Lumix point-n-shoot on hand for video during the total eclipse part. I have already purchased an intervalometer that will work with a Nikon D80 for the time-lapse, waiting for delivery. Still have to buy solar filters yet, only have begun shopping. I clued in my local camera shop to the need for some filters soon. Laughing

I already have notified work about my plan and have time off for this too. Wink

BF Hammer - the new and improved screen name of Chris L
Subject Author Views Posted
The great eclipse of August 21st, 2017: Who has begun preparation? Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 277 March 22, 2017 02:32PM
Re: The great eclipse of August 21st, 2017: Who has begun preparation? Always Late 178 March 26, 2017 07:38PM
I hear you. This is a bucket list thing for me too. BF Hammer 173 March 29, 2017 03:45PM
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up (n/t) Cmoy 179 March 27, 2017 06:29AM
I'm going to try. (n/t) Cmoy 186 March 24, 2017 09:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!