Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
First new pics: Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary lens.
I picked this new lens up from Massdrop at a price that could not be ignored. It is making me realize just how much my old Nikon 70-300mm G lens sucks.

I took the new lens to the hydroelectric dam last weekend mounted to my Nikon D7000. I mostly shot from a monopod using the 2nd image stabilization mode and the camera autofocus in 3D-tracking auto mode. ISO 200, Shutter-priority mode, 1/800s.

Now here is where I show off the sharpness of this new lens. Looking below is a photo that I have processed with RAWTherapee, but left it uncropped. Main point of interest is in the lower-left quadrant.

Now exact same image with same processing settings, but was cropped as I did for most of the other pics. I have the lens at full 600mm extension. I expect from my older cheap lenses to look pretty soft near the corners, and the photo should be unsalvageable. But it turns out that I can crop it and still have acceptable sharpness.

Right now the only bad thing about the new lens is the fact that I do not have a tripod that can support this lens without getting a case of the shakes. Alway have something new to buy, right? Laughing Laughing

BF Hammer - the new and improved screen name of Chris L
Subject Author Views Posted
First new pics: Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary lens. Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 36 January 21, 2018 08:58PM
Thumbs Up That was an excellent price, I was sooo tempted. But with import duties the price would have been the same as here Sad Micha 15 January 24, 2018 10:44AM
If you find a deal in the EU, I say take it. Smile BF Hammer 20 January 24, 2018 06:10PM
Great pics, Chris! I'm sure you're happy with the new lens! (n/t) jhargrave 18 January 21, 2018 09:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!