Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
I felt the urge a couple of years ago...
avatar February 15, 2018 03:05AM
...I had an excellent DX Nikon SLR, but I do a lot of low light photography (both cityscapes as well as moving objects (kids, horses). Hence I felt the urge to move to a larger sensor. With a nice company bonus as back up I got a FF (FX) Nikon. As I stayed with Nikon not all my lenses were obsolete, although I did have to buy several lenses. I bought the camera at a brick and mortar shop, the offered a nice trade in bonus for my DX. FF is awesome and I love my camera to pieces. It still is my preferred camera. However, it is large and heavy, which did cause some luggage trouble while traveling by plane. Fast forward to last year: I added a DX (APS-C) sized Fujifilm mirrorless camera to my gear for traveling as it saves about a one kg weight and it's considerably smaller too. While it's excellent for traveling, the Nikon stays the #1 choice in my gear. I did consider micro 4/3rds as I bought the Fujifilm. Nice stuff and considerably cheaper than Fujifilm too. But in the end there were two reasons for not getting 4/3rds: 1. I knew I would not be happy with the smaller sensor (because of the low light performance and because it's much harder to get unsharpness in the background). 2. The Fujifilm just oozes quality and feels great.
Subject Author Views Posted
Do you feel satisfied with your camera sensor size? BF Hammer 171 February 11, 2018 01:08PM
Resurrecting this thread regarding sensor size even though it's been dormant for a few months >>> Jpeg Attachments John Lind 67 May 16, 2018 07:10PM
I felt the urge a couple of years ago... Micha 144 February 15, 2018 03:05AM
Sensor low light performance has improved significantly plus >>> John Lind 58 May 23, 2018 04:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!