Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
Sensor low light performance has improved significantly plus >>>
A fast lens regains the depth of field control potentially lost with the smaller sensor. Glass on the NEX-7 is constant f/4 which is sufficient for most depth of field control when forced wide open using shutter speed or effective ISO settings. If I could get constant aperture f/2.8 glass I would. The RX100 is a pocket camera and its lens is variable aperture. Not the most desirable at the long focal lengths but that's the tradeoff for ability to put it into a shirt pocket or a jersey pocket on a bicycle. When I shot medium format insufficient depth of field was occasionally a problem driving longer shutter speeds than would normally be used to enable stopping down. When I use my cell phone I know there's not going to be much depth of field and that everything is going to be pretty much in focus regardless of distance. Wink

John

Subject Author Views Posted
Do you feel satisfied with your camera sensor size? BF Hammer 143 February 11, 2018 01:08PM
Resurrecting this thread regarding sensor size even though it's been dormant for a few months >>> Jpeg Attachments John Lind 42 May 16, 2018 07:10PM
I felt the urge a couple of years ago... Micha 110 February 15, 2018 03:05AM
Sensor low light performance has improved significantly plus >>> John Lind 28 May 23, 2018 04:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!