Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
Long-length Arca-Swiss mount plates
While not terribly exciting, this is one of the reasons for adopting the adjustable quick-release of the Arca-Swiss system. These are 150mm length plates intended to be used on a telephoto lens with it's own tripod mount.

Just generic Chinese plates, bought a pair for $17 shipped. The intention is to leave them mounted on my Sigma 150-600mm and Nikkor 500mm reflex lenses as I primarily use these on a tripod or a monopod. I can mount the body/lens and slide the assembly in the clamp until I get approximate balance and just tighten the clamp fully. Since center of balance moves with the zoom on the Sigma, the mount can move with it.

The rubber grip pads work relatively well. You still have to torque down the screw to keep the lens from twisting when turned so the mount is on the side, such as when using a Wimberly Sidekick-style gimbal. A full-motion gimbal head of course would not be a problem with the clamp being under the lens instead of to the side. If I were using a Sidekick, I would seriously consider one of the expensive aftermarket replacement lens mounts that have an Arca-Swiss style plate built-in.

BF Hammer - the new and improved screen name of Chris L
Subject Author Views Posted
Watch Review of all the photo accessories I bought in the last year. Part 1, Sirui K-40X ball-head. Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 43 April 10, 2018 07:34PM
SELENS SE-MP01 tilt-head for a monopod. Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 17 April 11, 2018 01:11PM
A pair of L-brackets for D7000 and D80 bodies. Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 17 April 11, 2018 12:40PM
Andoer tripod head lever-lock Arca-Swiss comaptible clamp. Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 17 April 11, 2018 11:51AM
Generic Arca-Swiss compatible quick-release clamp adapter Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 17 April 11, 2018 11:00AM
Long-length Arca-Swiss mount plates Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 16 April 11, 2018 08:27AM
PIXEL TC-252 intervalometer-timer-remote shutter release Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 18 April 11, 2018 07:40AM
Nice write ups Chris took me a while to get through all of them... BobbyMikeRedux 16 April 11, 2018 03:31PM
Thanks Micheal. I hope I conveyed how sometimes inexpensive items can help with photography too. BF Hammer 16 April 11, 2018 04:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!