Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Show your ad here! Mail admin@walletfriendlywatchforum.com for rates

Advanced
RawTherapee 5.4 is out, and I learned a new trick for using it.
RawTherapee has been my main photo workflow software now for months. I really use it for everything except adding my watermark (have to export to GIMP and do that as my final step). Version 5.3 added lens profiles, and 5.4 has added a lot of enhancements under the hood for better performance. What has me excited more recently is that I learned that you can download camera color profiles and lens profiles from Adobe for free (same ones they use in LightRoom) and then apply them in RawTherapee.

So something that has slowed me down a lot is I had not to this point tried saving any configuration profiles in the software. I was doing a lot of redundant work by selecting things like resize (always the same resolution), camera type, lens type, adjust the WB, etc, etc. Now with the new photo studio setup for watch portraits, things like WB can be set to one value and left there now. I normally use the same lens, camera body, and some other things that I keep having to set, but always the same. So I made a master profile named "Watch Portrait" to speed that all up now. I can still tweak stuff, but the starting point is now nearly-there.

So here are the examples. First pic I made a couple of weeks ago, 2nd pic today with the master profile. I spent a lot of time on the 1st shot adjusting things like the WB, black level, saturation, exposure compensation, and the like. It looks mildly different, but the real savings is in time.

RawTherapee (open-source software) http://rawtherapee.com/

Link with directions for adding lens and camera color profiles from Adobe. http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/How_to_get_LCP_and_DCP_profiles

BF Hammer - the new and improved screen name of Chris L
Subject Author Views Posted
RawTherapee 5.4 is out, and I learned a new trick for using it. Jpeg Attachments BF Hammer 80 May 27, 2018 12:10PM
Nice Shots Thumbs Up (n/t) MarkKershaw 55 May 29, 2018 05:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Our thanks to our WF-WF Sponsors!